Sunday, May 27, 2012

FlyScoot - Cabin Crew

After i left my previous company, I actually did take a break for sometimes while at the same time, I keep searching and applying a better job that i like. Early this week (May 21, 2012), I got an interview called by Scoot as a cabin crew. When I get the call, i feel shock as i have no idea when is the actual day I'm applying through their website but however, since i got the call, i make alot of research through websites, forum, blogs, or even my other cabin crew friends from other airlines.

It was quite a stressful task as it will be a definite few stages of interview assessment. While doing the browsing, i found out from one of the blog stated that there will be a public speaking test, English and Math test, group problem solving, and 1-on-1 interview with the management.

what i did - as same as other interview previously - is to write all possible question is a piece of paper, then answer it within a time frame. i searched for more than 30 questions in total, in which in found 50% personality and 50% common situation that might happen in the flight.

Well, i just did the interview yesterday at Suntec Convention Center, with more than 150 candidates divided into 3 assessment session, 8am, 9.30am, and 1.30pm on that same day. Since my interview was by appointment, i get so called priority assessment in the morning. with more than 70 candidates at that session, it makes me more nervous as some of the are very experience, some of the have been in service industry for more than 5 years, and some of them as new as me - no experience in airlines at all. However, though my previous job, at least i know what is customer service. :)

Okay, 1st stage is the common stage in all airline, appearance check. If they think you are not suitable or do not have the "face of cabin crew" they will cut you straight away. Nobody was sack at this stage. Good!

2nd stage is the group problem solving. i tried to interact and talk as much as possible during this session to give higher score for myself, as you don't know how they actually score individuals.

3rd stage, was presentation skills. I have no idea what topic that i will get as i don't even prepare for this. They ask us to take an envelope that contains a topic for each individual. i got "Recycling" topic on that session. What i can think of is my junior school's creativity. Recycle Bottle into Flower pot, unfitted pants become berms, my clay imaginative and so on. in this stage, almost 50% of the candidate was cut off. Huff... luckily i did it.

Next, is the paper test on 4th stage. English and Math test. it was a stressful test as this is not a normal English or Math test. people who have high IQ, will be able to do this easily. luckily am quite good in Math. that's helps me alot in this stage. And estimated 1 out of 3 candidates was cut off at this stage. Breath taking to the last round.

Before get into the final interview room, they need you to write an application form in case you are being shortlisted during this stage. Luckily i take initiative to write the application form faster and submit faster so i can get into 1-on-1 interview faster as well. They ask alot of common and personality questions. The research that i did was useless at all. They ask different from what i memorize. So, what i can do is fully based on my experiences.

The assessment took 4hours and 40 minutes in total, and they need around 2 weeks to inform the candidate whether we make the cut or not. Huff..... Keep praying for my GOD everyday. I need to pass this as this is the only interview that i get. :(

God Bless Me.

No comments: